Thanks Shaun from http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com for this lovely award and for late night insomniac chats.
I feel ambivalent about rules. I tend to make things up as I go along. To quote one of my favourite pirates, Barbossa, they’re “more what you’d call “guidelines” than actual rules.”
- Display the award logo on your blog – Thanks Shaun for sending me instructions on how to actually do this.
- Link back to the person who nominated you that would be http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
- I was Cleopatra in a previous life. No I wasn’t. According to some fairground psychic I was camel merchant. My mom got to be a nun in a silent order. The psychic did not find it funny when she and I started chortling.
- I have the unusual gift of picking up from the vibes in the atmosphere exactly the wrong and most in appropriate thing to say and running with like Oscar Pistorius.
- I have brought three people into this world, in my living room, in a pool. Every single time I only thought about surrogacy too late, as in once labour started. And I didn’t do it because I am a fan of Tom Cruise in Top Gun, I did it because I have a mortal fear of hospitals.
- TV series wise its Doctor Who and Big Bang Theory. I love the latter because I know these people, they aren’t stereotypes – I actually know people just like them – thing is I can’t figure out if that typecasts me as Penny the dumb waitress or not.
- I judge people poorly if they don’t know about Monty Python especially the Flying Sheep and the Dead Parrot. I assume these sad individuals have had deprived childhoods.
- I wish I could say I was listening to some über obscure indie band, but sadly I had my daughter (aged 7) riding shotgun in the car this afternoon playing the CD from that girl from Wizards of Waverly Place, the one who dated Justin Bieber. Selena Gomez.
- I sneak downstairs when everyone is asleep and I eat chocolate Nutella spread out of the jar.
This is where I bend the rules, like that friend of Michael Jackson’s and the spoons.
I’m not going to nominate 15 people, but I am going to nominate five blogs I found today that I read with all the enthusiasm of a five-year old unwrapping something new and shiny. Some are funny, some are interesting, some are courageous and all deserve this.