I am enjoying this award thing. First I get to feel all warm and fuzzy, then I get to do my happy dance and finally I get to send it on like viral chain letter of awesomeness.
The award was started by another fabulous blogger crazybunny.
I do not like the word blogger, I must think of a new one. Blogger always conjures up an image of vomiting words out on-screen. It needs to encapsulate the ability to make a person smile a million miles away not verbal diarrhoea.
There are of course on blogs as in life rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- List 5 random facts about yourself
- Nominate a minimum of 5 blogs for the award
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice
- And finally, let them know you have nominated them
Number 1 – Thanks!
Thank you Running without Socks for a look at life through your eyes and the images of you running without footwear. Your blog makes me laugh, shake my head and get through the day.
Number 2 – 5 random facts
- You spend about 3 years of your life on the loo. I will spend about 5 years of my life there, as the loo is only place in my house I get a little privacy and peace and quiet.
- Some people are more attractive to mosquitoes than others. I am the mosquito equivalent centerfold and give thanks for their seasonal demise.
- Studies show that drinking tea raises your fertility levels. Three children later they should have paid me to part of the study.
- Despite popular opinion I cannot put your logo on the moon without a multimillion dollar investment with NASA. Why don’t you tattoo it on your ass instead?
- In a house three children and a pre-menstrual mother it is unnatural to assume your Lindt chocolate bar will remain uneaten for over a week. Testing us is a form of torture
My answers to Running without Socks are…
What are you listening to right now (if anything? if not, what would you like to be listening to right now?)
I am listening to the sound of my fingers nimbly leaping across the keyboard, but I wish I was listening to Justin Bieber or that long-faced chick, um… Celine Dion. Just kidding, I wish I was listening to The Cure.
What food would you hate to be without? (not basic staples – your favorite indulgences)
Tea. Must have tea.
Chocolate. Life is not worth living without it.
Cupcakes. They make the kid in me rejoice.
If you woke up and were transformed to the opposite sex, what would be the first thing you do?
You really want to know this? Pee standing up. Stand in front of the mirror naked and wiggle my hips from side to side. Then laugh hysterically and look at my closet in horror realizing I will have to walk naked into the street.
If you could change your job title, what would it be? (not the job, just the title. If you don’t have a job, give a title for what you do)
Well, freelancer doesn’t seem to be working. People apparently get confused about the “free” part. I think Creative Solutions Architect. Hell, just writer will do.
City or beach vacation?
Beach. Somewhere exotic. With a cocktail that involves a little umbrella.
Number 4 – My nominees are
Shaun at prayingforoneday.wordpress.com whose blog is always interesting and most of all human
Gareeth who I know will not be able to send this on, but whose blog is interesting and humbling and if I could I’d send a hug instead
2 Summers who never fails to make see my city with new eyes and surprise (good surprise not scary surprise birthday party while in your undies surprise)
Learus whose posts resonate with me and who never fails to peak my interest
Number 5 – Some questions for you
- Elvis or The Beatles? This is important. It places you in a very specific target audience for people like me selling you stuff you don’t want or even need but will buy anyway. Also the husband was at an office party where some guy was dressed up in an Elvis onesie – so it is on my mind.
- What the one place you have to see or thing you have to do before you kick the bucket and shrug off the mortal coil? Dive with sharks, go trolley racing down a hill, get a whole night’s uninterrupted by snoring and small children, sleep?
- What did you laugh out loud at today? I watched Eddie Izzard’s Star Wars Canteen on YouTube with my son. “I will kill you with this tray. It will be death by tray.”
- What is a better word for blogger that doesn’t sound like throwing up? I have nothing.
- If you were a superhero, what power would you have? The power not to have to wear lycra or my panties on the outside.
A big thank you to everyone who has visited my page, who I ever made laugh, who has left me a comment, who inspires and motivates me to carry on.