There is something I find terribly humbling each time someone leaves me a comment, replies to one of mine or clicks LIKE at the bottom of a page. It makes me feel honoured that someone else took the time to read the words I wrote and that it made them laugh, smile, shed a tear or just sparked a thought.
So here are the rules:
1. Display the logo on your page. (Will do as I soon as I figure it out.)
2. Finish the sentence: A great reader is… (Will do)
3. Nominate 14 readers I appreciate. (Only 14?)
4. Inform the readers with either comments or pingbacks. (Brace yourselves)
Here I go…
A great reader is… someone who takes the time out of their busy life to catch a glimpse into someone elses, it is the person on the other side of the world, who leaves me a like or a comment that starts a conversation, makes a link and reaches out.
My 14 nominations are…
I wanted to nominate back the blogger who nominated me, but I thought that might defeat the object.
1. Le Clown. Sheer blogging brilliance from a crazy Canadian clown. http://clownonfire.wordpress.com/
2. The Ironic Mom. A mother after my own heart. http://ironicmom.com/
3. The Opinionated Man. A man who makes me laugh out loud (and sometime scream quietly) http://aopinionatedman.com/
4. 2Summers. An American in South Africa who has made me see my country with new eyes. http://2summers.net/
5. Jenn. Who never fails to leave a comment or to reply to whatever inanity I leave with her. Also we share a sense of humor. http://thatsajennstory.wordpress.com/
6. Gareeth. Who has inspired and taught me about his world. http://gareeth.wordpress.com/
7. Transman. Who approaches every challenge in life with humor and irreverant wisdom. http://theadventuresoftransman.com/
8. Tersia. Who has shared her daughter’s story and her personal journey from this life to the next one, and the middle of her grief found the time to leave me a message. http://tersiaburger.com/
9. Craves Adventure. Who keeps coming back. http://cravesadventure.wordpress.com/
10. Library Mom. Who finds magic in between the pages. http://librarymom12.wordpress.com/
11. Quite Contrary. Whose comments made my day. http://elegsabiff.wordpress.com/
12. Sopphey Says. Who reminded me to run up the down escalator whenever the mood strikes. http://sopphey.onimpression.com/
13. Blowing off Steam. Who reminds me that parents don’t have to be perfect all the time. http://blowingoffsteamandmore.wordpress.com/
14. The Daily Echo. Who shared her son’s incredible strength and courage with the world and made time to visit my blog. http://scvincent.com/
Now, I have to message all these people and let them know.
So much for getting that work done, this is way more fun.